Military Records

Back to
Town Clerk
Persons wanting to claim an exemption from the local property tax by reason of Military Service must give notice to the Town Clerk of the town of their residence of their Honorable Discharge. They must file their original full version of the DD214 or a certified copy thereof. Veterans who have lost their original, full version of their DD214 may request another one online by clicking here. An original will be mailed to their home in about 3 weeks. Once the recording process is completed these original documents will be returned to them.  Military records are stored in a locked area of the vault as permanent records and remain confidential records for 75 years. There is no charge for filing or for a Veteran to receive a certified copy of a recorded DD214.