GENEALOGISTS: We do not have the staff to perform searches. Any requests made over the phone or through the mail will be answered at our earliest convenience.
The federal law that restricts access to social security numbers, 42 USC 405(c)(2)(C), supersedes our state law that allows genealogists access to vital records. Direct access to our Vital Records cage is closed.
In accordance with the State Registrar of Vital Records we will provide genealogists with indexes and with any vital record that is not restricted due to federal law upon request. We will provide certified copies with social security numbers redacted upon request for the purpose of purchasing the record.
Recognized Connecticut genealogical societies
- Connecticut Ancestry Society, Inc.
- Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council, Inc.
- Connecticut Society of Genealogists, Inc.
- Descendants of the Founders of Ancient Windsor, Inc.
- French-Canadian Genealogical Society of Connecticut, Inc.
- Gaelic-American Club, Inc.
- Friends of Godfrey Memorial Library, Inc.
- Godfrey Memorial Library, Inc.
- Indian and Colonial Research Center, Inc.
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Connecticut, Inc.
- Killingly Historical and Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Middlesex Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Polish Genealogical Society of Connecticut, Inc.
- Southern Connecticut Ancestry Network, Inc. (SCAN)
- Southington Genealogical Society, Inc.